Call for Papers: Taipei International Conference on Arbitration and Mediation
2020 Taipei International Conference on Arbitration and Mediation
The Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei (CAA) and the Asian Center for WTO & International Health Law and Policy, College of Law, National Taiwan University (ACWH) are to jointly host the “2020 Taipei International Conference on Arbitration and Mediation” on October 15 & 16, 2020 in Taipei, Taiwan. Arbitration experts and scholars are welcome to provide unpublished academic papers and case studies on any one of the following topics:
- To what extent conflict of laws issues in international arbitration might be different from those in court proceedings;
- Implications of COVID-19 or events of similar nature for international arbitration;
- Reasons to conduct arbitration in Taiwan;
- New developments in international investment arbitration; and
- Other important issues or development in connection with international arbitration or mediation
- Important Dates (based on Taipei time)
- Abstract submission deadline: June 10, 2020
- Abstract acceptance notification: June 20, 2020
- Full paper submission deadline: July 20, 2020
- Full paper acceptance notification: August 10, 2020
- Conference dates: October 15 & 16, 2020
- Review process
- The review process will be divided into two stages: the initial stage of review and the final stage of review. “Articles passing the review process” refer to the submitted abstracts/articles that have passed both the initial and final stage of review.
- The initial stage of review: Applicants will need to submit their abstracts of the papers before the abstract submission deadline. He/she will be informed of the result of initial review on June 20, 2020. The applicants whose abstracts pass the initial stage of review will need to submit their full papers before the full paper submission deadline.
- The final stage of review: Applicants whose full papers pass the final review process will be invited to present at the conference. They will also be encouraged to submit their papers to the Contemporary Asia Arbitration Journal (CAAJ) for a peer-review process seeking possible publication.
- Details pertaining to a peer-review process and submission policy of CAAJ can be found at the ACWH website at http://www.ntu.law.acwh.tw/publication.php.
- Conference/Paper Language
- Guidelines for Abstract / Paper Submission
- Abstract: The total number of words in the content of an article for submission should be within 500 words.
- Full paper: The total number of words in the content of an article for submission should be between 5,000 to 10,000 words. Authors are strongly encouraged to use blue book citation for their submissions.
|▪ call for papers_20200306.pdf|