Call for Papers
2015 Taipei International Conference on Arbitration and Mediation
The Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei (CAA, Taipei) and the Asian Center for WTO & International Health Law and Policy, College of Law, National Taiwan University (ACWH) hereby announce that their joint annual event “2015 Taipei International Conference on Arbitration and Mediation” will be held on September 6 & 7, 2015 in Taipei, Taiwan. The conference invites arbitration experts and scholars to provide the latest academic findings and case studies on any one of the following topics:
1. Government as a Party and/or a Facilitator in Commercial Arbitration
2. Uses and Abuses of Procedural Rules in International Arbitration
3. Convergence and Divergence in International Arbitration
4. The Insiders (established institutions, practitioners and academics) and the Outsiders (new comers) in International Arbitration
5. Other Fundamental Issues and Recent Development in Commercial Arbitration
6. Investment arbitration and public health or other public purposes
7. Recent Development of International Mediation
1. Abstract submission deadline: April 30, 2015
2. Abstract acceptance notification: May 10, 2015
3. Full paper submission deadline: July 15, 2015
4. Full paper acceptance notification: July 30, 2015
5. Conference dates: September 6 & 7, 2015
1. The review process will be divided into two stages: the initial stage of review and the final stage of review. “Articles passing the review process” refer to the submitted articles that have passed both the initial and final stage of review.
2. The initial stage of review: Applicants will need to submit the abstract of their papers before the abstract submission deadline. They will be informed of the result of initial review before April 30, 2015. The applicants whose abstracts pass the initial stage of review will need to submit their papers in full before the full paper submission deadline.
3. The final stage of review: Applicants of articles passing the review process will be invited to present their papers in a session during the conference. The applicants will also be invited to submit their papers to the Contemporary Asia Arbitration Journal (CAAJ) to be peer-reviewed and possibly published.
4. For a full version of our review process and other detailed information of CAAJ please visit our website at http://www.ntu.law.acwh.tw/publication.php
Applicants who have submitted their papers in full and passed the review process (inclusive of both the initial and the final stage of review) will be receiving an award of USD 500 and a certificate jointly presented by the CAA, Taipei and the ACWH. They will also be invited to participate in the Conference to be held on September 6 & 7, 2015 with local accommodation provided by the CAA and the ACWH.
All the papers need to be written and presented in English.
Guidelines for Abstract / Paper Submission:
1. Abstract: The total number of words in the content of an article for submission should be within 500 words.
2. Full paper: The total number of words in the content of an article for submission should be between 5,000 to 10,000 words.
Abstract Submission format:
Prospective author is invited to submit your abstract submission and your curriculum vitae in the format of a Word file or PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The abstract submission must include the following information:
2. Author: Name, contact information, e-mail address
3. Abstracts: A maximum of 500 words
4. Keywords: A maximum of ten keywords
Ms. Shih-Yun Wu, Asian Center for WTO & International Health Law and Policy College of Law, National Taiwan University College of Law
Tel: +886-2-33663366+886-2-33663366 ext. 55234
Mr. Eugene Lee, Chinese Arbitration Association, Taipei
Tel: +886-2-27078672+886-2-27078672 ext.17